1. The organization and operation of the International Committee to be established under the Society Regulations, Article 4, paragraph 3 (hereinafter referred to as the “Committee”) shall be in accordance with the International Committee Regulations in addition to the Regulations for Japanese Neutral Network Society.
2. The Committee shall perform the following business in order to promote collaborative activities with the International Neural Network Society (hereinafter referred to as “INNS”) and the European Neural Network Society (hereinafter referred to as “ENNS”), and international activities as a member of the Asia Pacific Neural Network Assembly (hereinafter referred to as “APNNA”).
In performing the business, deliberation or approval of the Board of Directors shall be required.
1. Business related to INNS, ENNS, and/or APNNA
2. Business with respect to international conferences related to the Society, sponsored or cosponsored by INNS, ENNS, and/or APNNA.
3. Clerical affairs for Neural Networks Magazine, including negotiations with Elsevier on price and mailing procedures.
4. Any other business related to international matters deemed necessary by the Board of Directors.
3. The Committee shall be comprised of one Chairperson of the International Committee (hereinafter referred to as “Chairperson”), a few Members, and one or two Managers. In addition, the International Committee Adviser (hereinafter referred to as “Adviser”) may be assigned.
4. The chairperson shall be nominated by the President and approved by the Board of Directors.
5. The Adviser, Members, and Manager(s) shall be recommended by the Chairperson and delegated by the President upon approval of the Board of Directors.
6. The term of Chairperson shall be one (1) year and the Chairperson may be reappointed.
7. The terms of the Adviser, the Members, and the Manager(s) shall generally be one (1) year and the Adviser, Members, and Manager(s) may be reappointed. The time of assuming and resigning from one’s post shall be determined by the Chairperson, provided that business will not be disturbed.
8. The Chairperson shall administer the business of the Committee.
9. The Chairperson shall report at the regular meetings of the Board of Directors on the status of activities and accounting of the Committee.
10. The Managers shall assist the Chairperson and if the Chairperson cannot perform the duties due to accident, the Managers shall perform the Chairperson’s duties.
11. If it is deemed necessary by the Chairperson to perform the business of the Committee, subcommittees may be established under the Committee.
12. Amendment of these Regulations shall require a resolution of the Board of Directors.
These Regulations shall be in effect as of January 1, 2003.