(Established on January 1, 2003)
(Partial Amendment on September 20, 2006)
1. Admission Fee of the Society shall be as follows:
1) Regular Member: \2,000
2) Student Member: \2,000
3) Support Member: \0
4) Honorary Member: \0
2. Members shall pay the following Membership Fees:
1) Regular Member: \13,000/year
2) Student Member: \3,000/year
3) Support Member: \50,000 per unit (one unit or more)
4) Honorary Member: \0
3. To the Regular Members, Support Members, and Honorary Members of the Society, the English Journal “Neural Networks” will be sent. Student Member can express their desire to subscribe to the English Journal, and the annual subscription fee shall be \8,000.
2. If the Member category is changed, no admission fee is required.
3. The Membership Fee and the English Journal subscription fee shall generally be paid prior to the pertinent year.
4. The Membership Fee and the annual subscription fee for the English Journal shall generally be paid once a year, in advance.
5. If payment of the Membership Fee and/or the English Journal subscription fee is delayed for more than three (3) months from the end of the year, the sending of the Society Bulletin and/or the English Journal shall be suspended, and the Member notified to that effect. If the foregoing occurs, the member’s participation in the academic meetings sponsored by the Society shall not generally be permitted.
6. If payment of the Membership Fee and the English Journal subscription fee is delayed for more than six (6) months from the end of the year, notification of payment shall be sent to the Member. If the Member does not respond, a warning of “withdrawal (expulsion)” shall be given; provided, however, that the period until the end of the year shall be the moratorium period, and the third invoice for the Membership Fee and the subscription fee shall be the final warning. If the Member does not respond to the final warning without reason deemed reasonable by the Board of Directors, the Member shall be expelled upon deliberation of the Board of Directors.
2. If a Member desires a revocation of expulsion, the Member shall pay in full the Membership Fee and/or the English Journal subscription fee which the member failed to pay and the Membership Fee and/or the English Journal subscription fee from the time of expulsion to the time of application for revocation of expulsion.
3. If the revocation of expulsion was approved by a resolution of the Board of Directors, the qualification for Member shall be deemed to continue, and the Member shall be so notified; provided, however, that the Member may not receive distribution of the Society Bulletin and/or the English Journal for the period of delayed payment of the Membership Fee and/or the English Journal subscription fee.
7. If a Member, who has delayed payment of the Membership Fee and/or the English Journal subscription fee, intends to withdraw from the Society, the Member shall generally pay in full the delayed payment before the submission of the Member’s application for withdrawal provided for in Article 13 of the Regulations.
8. A Support Member may file an application for admission and withdrawal at any time, but registration of Support Members shall be made annually. Therefore, in case of admission in the middle of the year, the Member shall be qualified for membership from the time of admission, but shall pay the annual Membership Fee.
If a Support Member desires to withdraw, the Member shall make application for withdrawal at least sixty (60) days prior to the end of the business year; provided, however, that the membership shall continue to the end of the business year and the Membership Fee for the year shall not be returned.
9. Amendment of the Regulations shall require a resolution of the Board of Directors.
These Regulations shall be in effect as of January 1, 2003.